2006 sienna's- 2005 awd and tire questin

Toyota changed their site and the models are up and missing is the AWD option. they only have XLE limited. Does anyone know why they got rid of the AWD option? They changed the colors too that's how we know they changed the model year over.

we have a 2005 (just got it) with AWD and were wondering.

Also we were told the AWD doesn't come with a spare or donut because if you get a flat on the awd they have something that allows the tire to drive 100 miles on the flat till you can get to a tire place. that's fine for a slow leak etc but what about a blow out?

Reply to
nancy

If you click on the price tab, note the AWD option is still there...

as far as a blowout, good question... i dont know

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Toyod did not discontinue the AWD option. The 2006 Sienna is offered with AWD in the LE, XLE, and XLE Limited trim levels. Look under the "price" link to see a list of models and MSRP.

They changed the colors too that's how we know they

The other way to tell that the model year has changed is to read the text where it says "2006 Sienna."

You can purchase a spare tire mounting kit for the Sienna from a Toyota dealer. It will hold a temporary spare but you lose the ability to fold down one of the rear seats. You can look it up in the faq section of Toyota's web site.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks to both of you, I guess I just missed the price tab and I will check out the spare tire option.

Reply to
nancy

They don't have a spare 'cause the drive assemblies for the rear wheels goes through the space the spare occupies on the FWD version.

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Sienna comes equipped with Run Flats.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sienna AWD (only) comes equipped with Run Flat tires. The FWD models have a temporary spare + normal all-season tires. Morton

Reply to
Morton Linder

AS for missing the price tab - price out the replacement cost of the run flat tires on the AWD Sienna. Correct me if I am wrong, the run flat tires/rims are different, with a metal disk in the middle to keep the tire from collapsing when it has no air? This requires a special tire changing machine, which is not found everywhere - yet. Not only do the tires cost more, but finding a shop to do the work could be challenging.

Tirerack.com search yielded for all-season tires:

2005 LE FWD tires start at $50 each (shipping/mounting/balancing extra) 2005 LE AWD tires start at $145 each (shipping/mounting/balancing extra)

Reviews were not good. > Thanks to both of you, I guess I just missed the price tab and I will

Reply to
ma_twain