Highlander Fog Lights

Hey all,

Do any of you know if there will be a "fog light package" for the Highlander made by Toyota ? ( For example the Camry has a Toyota made package available)

I've checked around and it looks like you need to buy each individual part and assemble it from scratch. (Although the wiring harness is supposidly already there)

Purchasing each piece comes to over 600 big ones (not including installation for warranty purposes) and I find that's a little steep for fog lights.

Do any of you have a recommendation for an alternate fog light kit that will do a great job for this truck?

Thanks !

Tim

Reply to
Tim

PIAA makes a wide variety of good quality aftermarket light kits. They are a high end, name brand company and will still cost less than $600. Be sure to mount the fog lights as low as possible.

Reply to
Ray O

Sure. It's already there. On our 2004 with the Ltd package anyway. Page 118 of the owners manual covers its operation.

Nope. Keep checking. Call the Toyota corporate 800 number for more info.

Truck? Perhaps you're thinking of some other model.

Reply to
ll

Fog Lights should be available in a kit, they are a dealer installable option so they have to be in a kit. It should include a wire harness that can be plugged in and takes no splicing, and has all of the switches and relays.

Reply to
J Strickland

Maybe he means "Truck" as a generic term for an SUV?

Reply to
AvalonMan96

It IS a truck! Check your registration. UTIL is a truck.

But besides that, the highlander is based on a truck platform.

This is the major heartburn I have with SUV drivers. IT IS A TRUCK! It will HANDLE like a TRUCK! Which means (if you remember P.J. O'Rourke's days at Car and Driver) "...you end up on the roof"

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hey, Ray, I use Pilots. As reliable as PIAAs at about 1/10 the cost.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've never heard of Pilots, but then I'm not that up on anything but name brand accessories. We were not supposed to put anything aftermarket on our demos and since we only kept the cars for 3 or 4 months it wasn't worth the effort to move accessories from car to car. Besides, I always chose cars that had every factory and PIO accessory anyway.

Reply to
Ray O

Truck????? Transverse engine, front wheel drive, with an AWD option and a

2000 lb maximum trailer wight. This is not a truck. It is jacked up Camry Wagon (or a redcued function Sienna van - take your pick).

You can call it is a truck if it mkaes you feel better, or helps with CAFE numbers, but it ain't no truck.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Have you driven one, Ed? It's a truck...

Reply to
Hachiroku

PIO???

Did another Reps car today. Avalon. Had to freakin choose BLACK, didn't he. Oh, since we had NOTHING else to do, we waxed it... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Port Installed Accessory

Gee, I wish I had my demos delivered to your store!

Reply to
Ray O

We tested one when my Father was looking for a car. I agree it is a lousy car, but it is an even lousier truck. It is one of those in-between things - not quite a van, not quite a station wagon, but definitely not a truck. The best of this weird breed is the Honda Pilot and it still closer to a jacked up wagon, than a real truck. I think the proper term would be truckoid. Despite this, the guy in the next office has a Highlander and loves it. But then his previous vehicle was a Pontiac Montana van.

My 14 year old F150 is a truck. My 1971 Dodge D600 is a truck. My 2003 Saturn Vue is a tall AWD station wagon.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The Honda truck is merely aversion of their van which is basically an Accord. The Pilot is basically a Civic. Honda does not have a truck chassis, like Toyota and Nissan. Honda and Nissan, unlike Toyota, actually builds a majority of its vehicles in the US of mostly US parts rather than from imported parts.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I like the Highlander, but if it looks like a truck, drives like a truck, and quacks like a truck...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah So! Tnx!

We did another one today, but it only got Spot-Shined. I wonder why we're doing all the Rep's cars? The first one I replaced came from a dealer in the 'weird' part of the state about 1/2 way between Worcester and Boston. Canton? Can't remember. It was wierd. "Sold to: Toyota Boston Region. Sold By: Toyota of Canton. Deliver To: Northampton Toyota"

Reply to
Hachiroku

Toyota of Canton didn't exist when I was there. Selling to 1 dealer and delivering to another location is known as a drop ship. A friend who still works for Toyota mentioned that he now has to keep demos for a year (gasp!), so he has to think about what he's ordering because he can't get rid of it in 3 months.

Reply to
Ray O

Oh, the Humanity!

Reply to