2008 Toyota Corolla

Anyone know when the 2008 Toyota Corolla will be available? I heard in July, but anyone know if it would be the beginning or end of the month?

Reply to
-- Foolio --

I have not heard an official announcement, but since Toyota does not have any pictures on its web site, I would guess that it would be in the fall of

2007 at the soonest. The Highlander will be coming out in July and there are pictures on Toyota's web site.
Reply to
Ray O

2008 Corolla is already available for sale in Canada - no changes at all,the same car and price like 2007.

Andy

Reply to
andy649

there's a new corolla in toyoto.jp website it comes in a sedan and wagon

Reply to
EdV

you know, it's funny, I just went to toyota.com and click on corolla under cars, and found a Corolla 08 listed.

So I think they are available in the US, now.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hi G10 corrolla (known as Axio) is avaliable in Singapore but imported low end version JDM models Automatics are avaliable only in CVT Some spec from S'pore

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Looks like a regular corolla to me, front is slightly different.

Is the 08 corolla supposed to be a new model? I don't hear much about this. Toyota needs to come up with something good that can stand up against the Civic. That thing seems to sell well.

Reply to
RT

The Corolla - Axio is the next generation from the Corolla currently on sale in the U.S.

Reply to
Ray O

I guess they are almost the same. Just like the parts used in G7 and G8. Axio are parallel imported here because the authorised dealers are only allowed to bring corolla from Thailand known as Altis.

Reply to
Richard

If it is already available elsewhere, why not in the US ? The Corolla is made in the US ? (the US model)

Reply to
RT

On Jun 14, 4:43 am, "Richard" wrote:

Doesn't look as different as I was expecting.. Still seems to be about the same basic chassis/body.. I like the new taillights better. But I can tell by the trunk lid, etc, it's still basically the same car.. The front looks like it's trying to copy the styling of the camry a little bit. But still not a whole lot different. The interior is quite a bit different.. Probably the biggest change in the car.. It's easy to compare my 05 with that 08, as mine is the same color..."Desert sand mica" Seems the mpg is about the same.. According to my liter to gallon conversion, it's rated at 40.3 mpg. About the same, but I don't know if thats the 1.5, or the 1.8 liter engine. The current 03-07model is a 1.8 only. I don't see the usual rear roof antenna.. They might have moved that, or maybe it's just not in the pix to make it look better.. But I don't see a mount or anything on the back roof. Might be in the windshield, or sumtin... You can compare that 08 to my 05 for looks purposes..

pix were taken at the place I bought the car fromabout 3-4 months ago..Thats why no plates in those pix..As far as the civics, in the year range I was looking at, Ipreferred the corolla over the civic after I compared themside by side. I didn't like the plain looking interiors on thecivics. Really seemed dark and drab.I originally was looking at civics at the same place.Decided on the yota instead cuz I liked the inside better.And thats where I gotta spend all my time sitting.. :/BTW, mine was built in CA. at the "NUMMI" factory..I think thats what they call it anyway..MK

Reply to
nm5k

Yeah, I think if toyota puts that Corolla against the new Civic, well, the civic wins with new styling. You don't like the new civics ? Or are you talking about the previous model (now dicontinued in us)

Reply to
RT

The antenna is on the rear windscreen just like the heaters. JDM models come in 1.5 and 1.8l. I think the US model is normally in 1.8l

Reply to
Richard

On Jun 22, 7:50 pm, RT wrote:

Well, I was looking in the 2-3 year old range.. Well, actually I was limited by an amount of money, but thats what that amount would buy... :/ Ended up with a 05, with 24k.. I probably liked the outside of the civic better than the corolla.. It seems to have a bit wider, and maybe lower stance.. It's the inside of those years civics that I didn't like. Every one I got in just seemed real dark, and sparton.. Not much pizazz at all.. I bet the "goth" types would love it though. On the other hand, the corolla seemed quite a bit snazzier on the inside.. Or at least to me.. On the inside, it's kinda like a baby impala or something.. The light tan color was a lot brighter, and didn't have the dark gloomy look all the dark interior civics had. The corolla also sits higher. So it feels like a bit bigger car than it is.. It's kinda narrow, and looks it from the rear, but it doesn't feel unstable at all really. I've already had to do 2-3 emergency swerves to avoid wrecks, and it cuts right over fast as you can turn the wheel. I didn't notice any excess lean. I do like hondas though overall. I still have a 89 accord. Haven't been driving it lately though. Thats one thing.... The interior in that old accord is loads better than those newer civics I looked at. It's pretty nice for a 89 car. It's still in good shape on the inside too. I bought it I think in March, and I've already done 8k on it. In fact, I'm just now startup blinking for my 2nd oil change.. Man, that last 5k went quick... :/ MK

Reply to
nm5k