'87 Toyota Supra - Should I sell?

I have an '87 Toyota Supra that just failed emissions. I'm not sure I want to bother fixing it, but I don't know if I could even get anything
for it because it has bad paint, and some front end damage.
Other than the above mentioned stuff, the car runs great, but I don't know if I want to maintain it.
So what do you think?
If you live in the wonderful state of Confusion (California) you must smog it to sell it.
My doctor was telling me about his about same age pickup that cost him $800 in smog to sell for $1500
The Great State of Confusion -- California - will buy cars for $1000 that fail smog AND are up for renewal of the tags.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:31:31 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:

Shhhhh! i'm trying to work a deal here...

Sorry.
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:22:19 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:

'K...just don't let it happen again.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Um, WHY?

Um, WHY?
What did it fail on?
Could you maybe post the numbers? Need both your actual results as well as limits for your car.

Hey, you'd be 'mazed! Hachi, back off! Down boy! Down!

See above.
--
TeGGeR

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:41:14 +0000, TeGGeR wrote:

Too late! I smell Psrts Car!!!

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:41:14 +0000, TeGGeR wrote:

DAMN!!! Quite the rep I have around here!

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:18:49 -0700, deusplagarum wrote:

What color is it, what engine does it have, and is it manual or auto?
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:18:49 -0700, deusplagarum wrote:

I think you should sell it to me for $100! Esp if it's blue, has a Targa top and a 5-speed!
Actually, what I REALLY think is that you should open the hood, and locate the top of the thermostat housing, in the front of the engine, with a large radiator hose going from it to the radiator. See it? Good. Now, look at the funny thing mounted into it, with two small vaccuum hoses attached to it. See them? Thos is a BVSV. Someone else here can tell you better than I what it means, but it is a temp operated vaccuum switching valve. If you follow the hoses, you'll see that one is attached to the charcoal cannister.
Now, GENTLY!!!!!! make sure the hoses are actually attached to the damn thing! These things are notorious for getting brittle and breaking the nibs off. Most of the time they just hang, butt occasionally they still look like they are connected when they are not.
If this is the culprit, then it's $65 at a Toyota dealer, $25 at a junk yard; I got one for $16 on E-Bay.
If not, I got $100 burning a hole in me pocket!
Thanks for the info, I'll check that out.
I am in the state of washington.
The car is a five speed with a GTE engine with the turbo removed.
The car passes the idle test with flying colors, but on the cruise it first got 3.89% CO emmisions when the bar was just 1%. After using a fuel treatment and removing the air filter I got it down to 1.89%
I appricaite the suggestion Hachiroku, I'll check that out tomorrow.
Thanks for the help you guys!
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:18:49 -0700, deusplagarum wrote:

E-Bay it in AL, MS, or FL !!!!!
If it's time to get new tags, maybe your state will buy it back just to get the old junker off the road.
California has a deal where they will pay you $1000 to take older cars off the road.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:18:49 -0700, deusplagarum wrote:

I got cash burning a hole in me pocket!!!