can a supra turbo fit into a 89 toyota pickup(4cyl)

i have recently got a 1989 toyota lowrider but wats under the hood ? an ugly stock dirty 4 cylinder... ive come into contact with a guy that has a 87 toyota supra turbo (straight 6 3.0L) for 4000 $ freshly rebuilt with an intercooler. now im very curious if this is a worth while deal and if it will even fit in my truck and how complex the swap will be ??? any answers from any one helps please !!!asap

Reply to
bagged89yota

There is a web site to answer just this question! Google Supra Tacoma and have fun shoehorning it in!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wouldn't think it's even possible to fit an inline 6 to a vehicle designed for a 4-cyl or V6 without serious compromises. It would easier for you to put a V6 into your truck and either turbocharge it or supercharge it. I even know of one who had the 4-cyl he had built for high boost and was clocking the 1/4 mile in the 13's. It seems cheaper and more practical to me.

Reply to
Viperkiller

There are those who have done it! There are a couple websites devoted to shoehorning the 7M-GTE into a Taco shell!

Hey, where the heck ya been?

Reply to
Hachiroku

im haven a bit of trouble finding the website. and should i be googling supra tacoma even tho its not a tacama??

"Hachiroku_$B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote: > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:48:29 -0500, Viperkiller wrote: > > > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:30:35 GMT, bagged89yota wrote: > > > >>i have recently got a 1989 toyota lowrider but wats under > the hood ? an > >>ugly stock dirty 4 cylinder... ive come into contact with a > guy that has > >>a 87 toyota supra turbo (straight 6 3.0L) for 4000 $ freshly > rebuilt with > >>an intercooler. now im very curious if this is a worth while > deal and if > >>it will even fit in my truck and how complex the swap will > be ??? any > >>answers from any one helps please !!!asap > > > > I wouldn't think it's even possible to fit an inline 6 to a > vehicle > > designed for a 4-cyl or V6 without serious compromises. It > would easier > > for you to put a V6 into your truck and either turbocharge > it or > > supercharge it. I even know of one who had the 4-cyl he had > built for > > high boost and was clocking the 1/4 mile in the 13's. It > seems cheaper > > and more practical to me. > > > There are those who have done it! There are a couple websites > devoted to > shoehorning the 7M-GTE into a Taco shell! > > Hey, where the heck ya been?

Reply to
bagged89yota

Sorry that I've been gone a while. Business is booming and I got busy with modifying my two MKIV Supras.

You'll be interested in this. I had my 97 Supra converted from a

4-spd automatic to a 6-spd automatic from a Lexus. The software was more difficult to perfect than it was to install the hardware. I had other things done to the 94 also.

How has everything been with you?

Reply to
Viperkiller

Pretty good, but I got laid off from a job I really liked.

Business is booming, eh? Hmmmm.....

Reply to
Hachiroku

Here's a 5M-GE swap, 1983-1985 Supra:

Here's a complete build:

That oughta keep you busy for a while!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry to hear that you got laid off. From what I remember you were having problems there anyway right?

I'm not trying to rub it in but yes business is booming for me now. It started when a big client had to back out of their contact due to a contraction in their business. I had to pursue other work for the 3 client reps I had supporting that business. I went into commodities. I'll give you two examples that may help you out. When oil dipped to about $51 a barrel, we invested into that and look what they've been selling for recently. We did the same with gold when it was down to the low $500's.

The lesson is when bad things happen sometimes, it actually turns out for the better.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Unfortunately, no, I was doing quite well there. C'est la vie...

Yes, this is true. I had a friend that bought gold when it first became legal to own it again at $375 an ounce, and held it and held it and finally sold at >$700...

Reply to
Hachiroku