89 Corolla value?

A friend gave me an 89 Corolla with 228000 miles. As it was a gift,I must put some kind of monetary value on it to have the title transferred. Any help,or information as to where I can find the market value? I live in Tennessee.

Reply to
Herb

Try nada.com, kbb.com, or edmunds.com to look up market value on line.

Reply to
Ray O

Look at Edmonds.

OR just make up a reasonable number like $500 (if it runs), or $50 if it doesn't.

Reply to
st-bum

Ask your friend to write up a bill of sale as to what he thinks its worth. Some states require a bill of sale, others just a title or a notorized title, others look value up in book while others take your word.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Search nadaguides.com

mike