92 GTF-Hachi

A friend with a 92 GTF 16 valve 4 cyl 5 spd w/ 86000 miles E-Mailed me with a radio problem. Deluxe ETR radio, no power to radio or antenna. Fuse seems ok. Any suggestions? He plans on keeping this car forever. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

He's done checks with a meter and there's no voltage present?

This is a stumper. THere was someone here a few months ago with the exact same problem; no power, fuses good, ETC.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the outcome!

And, there are two fuses for the radio, and two power wires. One fuse is under the kick panel, and the other fuse under the hood. I believe the constant power to hold the settings comes from the clock, and if the clock is out the radio won't power up.

A Toy dealer should be able to give him a printed copy of the wiring with the color codes of the wires so he can trace it back through the harness.

Also, try googling (in the groups) no power to radio and see what comes up.

I have never had this problem, but I would start at the harness in the car and work back.

I'd also look, with the key on and with the key off at the fuse in the fuse block for the radio. It should have +12 with the key on and 0 with the key off.

I'd also look at ground and make sure it is ground.

Report back...

Reply to
Hachiroku