AE86 body kits - compatible with other corollas?

hey there. i have an AE80 corolla which id dearly love to do up. a body kit would be magical on it, but ive had no luck finding any. just wondering, as kits for the AE86 are widely available, would they fit just fine on an AE80 DX sedan? pictures here:

Vertigo

Is this a joke post?

Nah. Won't work. At all.

Slight difference:

I'd hate to see you spend about 1200NZ and then have to hack it up to make it work...

Reply to
Hachiroku

no its not actually, i have no idea. hence the question.

so if anyone knows what might fit, id love to know.

Reply to
Vertigo

Too bad Nick isn't here. He was a Toy Gearhead from NZ, and incredibly knowledgable for his whole 19 years of age! (his last name was Trounson, use to use his name to post. If you run across him tell him to come back once in a while!)

At any rate, there WERE kits for this car back when it was a little more popular. At least, here in the States.

Sorry about the "joke", man. I was just teasing, really! ;)

I have to admit, though, with a 1.6L SOHC, skinny little tires, and NO balls whatsoever, i am assuming you're not looking for the kit for ground effects. (I had one of these, on a 90 degree (29 degrees C?) day, running the NY thruway at 75 MPH and the AC blasting, I got 45 MPG on a trip from Hartford to Toronto, approx 550 miles!)

Find a nice 'hachiroku'!

Reply to
Hachiroku

heh, well actually its a 1.3L 2A engine :) im just making it look funky (or just weird). just installed new speakers, and currently installing neons on it (hey, i think they look sweet!). also thinking about putting a huge wing on the boot :)

cheers tho... good to know that at least there WERE kits for it at some point.

Reply to
Vertigo

Damn, man, how OLD ARE you? ;)

A WING on the BOOT??? On a 1.3???? Hate to tell you, man, but about the only thing a wing on the boot of THIS car is going to do is rob you of Fuel Economy!!!

I like the Neons, tho...

And we ALL need the BIGGEST, LOUDEST speakers we can afford! I have MB Quarts in all my cars now, and I don't think I'll ever use anything else. But then again, mine are the slightly older, GERMAN made units, NOT the current Rockford-Fosgate stuff.

Save the money on the wing and buy a screaming amp!

Reply to
Hachiroku