Auto carpet/upholstery cleaner vs home carpet cleaner?

For cleaning auto carpets/car mats is it worth the extra expense to get the automotive carpet/upholstery cleaner (i.e. Prestone) or is it the same ingredients as carpet cleaner for home carpets?

Walter

Reply to
Walter Cohen

You should be able to look at the ingredients on the Prestone and regular carpet cleaner and compare.

Try regular carpet cleaner. Unless you have a really stubborn stain that the special carpet cleaner actually gets out, I don't see how it could be worth the extra money.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Like Jeff says, try the home carpet cleaner first. There is nothing special about automotive carpets, other than the padding is glued to the carpet backing. I have had good luck at spot-cleaning coffee, soda, and juice stains with Simple Green.

Reply to
Ray O