Upholstery and carpet choices

Dear List, Getting close with the 62 KG Cabriolet........I am doing the seat upholstery and interior myself. I've done the same before including a top for my 68 Bug Cabriolet so I am somewhat experienced. The question is...........who has the best quality OE stuff. Please cite quality and price in your responses. I have a sewfine catalog. How is Scott Dempster's stuff in terms of price and quality? I have been more than satisfied with the many items I have purchased from them. I am leaning toward the Brick red original that came with my car. The PO ditched the door panels and carpeting so I have never seen them. The car was PearlWeiss originally. I am also leaning toward a silver (non stock) color as well. Any suggestions for carpet colors? Kick it around.........Thanks Eric

Reply to
Stutzsr

was the pun intentional?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

You might also check wolfsburg west as they have a nice selection of carpet and upholstery choices. Note that for carpet, your choices will be somewhat limited if you go with german squareweave,synthetic, I have no clue. I do know that wolfsburg does offer additional colors for a small surcharge (like mebbe $25). As for upholstery, if you are looking for a "stock" interior, you can again go with wolfsburg (or bfy for that matter) for a show quality or near show quality interior. It will be pretty much the same as west coast classics in quality & selection - mebbe a little cheaper (prices & selection tend to be similar). If you are on a budget, you could go with TMI - and you should note that TMI does provide choices that are NOT in their catalog, but you have to ask around with their suppliers as to what TMI offers and if the retailer will order it. J-Bugs for one is a company that will order stuff not in the catalog. While not show quality (this is from a stock perspective), it is still very nice, wears well and is about

1/2 the price of the stuff from wolfsburg or west coast. Again, not gonna win you an award, but most people couldn't tell the difference and for you basic 58-64 style interior, very hard to distinguish from the higher priced stuff. IMHO sewfine is a great company with fine products, but more in the "custom" interior category. If you want a custom interior, then you should go with sewfine as all the others mentioned are for stock interiors (unless west coast offers something I don't know about). As for suggestions on colors for carpet, get some swatches and compare with car color, top & interior, I think you'd want to coordinate the interior with the top and the carpet should kinda go along with the rest (silver body, black top, black & white interior or grey & white (both stock choices I think) and just about any carpet (tan, black, grey) would go with that combo. - DB
Reply to
DB