Camry 2000 tail light problem

Hi All,

My tail lights of both size won't ON during night, the break lights are OK, the front light will ON during the night.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mike

Are the bulbs' filaments ok? Some look fine but are actually burnt out. Use a voltmeter to check for voltage at the socket. Then probably check the fuse (I don't have a schematic now so can't tell which bulbs are related). .

Reply to
johngdole

Try changing both bulbs. The most common reason that lights do not illuminate is a burnt bulb.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
mike

Does your Camry have a trunk lid that you must slam down, perhaps several times, to get to close?

I've seen that on several occasions with other vehicles and sometimes it breaks the filaments in the bulbs.

Just a thought.

Like Ray said, change out both bulbs first. That will be your cheapest attempt at a fix.

Reply to
user

With a volt/ohm meter, check that the lights are good then check to see if you actually are getting power to the socket by touching the positive probe to the centre connection of the socket and the negative to the side of the socket. If no indication of power take the negative probe and find a good "ground" source to see if it is a grounding problem. If still no luck, you probably have a broken power feed to your tail lights.

Reply to
Worn out Retread

Start by replacing the tai light bulbs. They are probably burnt out.

Reply to
Ray O

Of course, you can also check for continuity of the bulb's filament with the ohmmeter function.

Reply to
mack

Are the bulbs' filaments ok? Some look fine but are actually burnt

Reply to
mike

Use a volt meter or 12 volt tester to check for power at the socket, and with the bulb out, use an ohm meter or continuity check to check for continuity between the ground side of the socket and ground.

Reply to
Ray O

Finally, I found the problem. There is another sets of fuse under the dash board, this set of fuse is not metioned on the Toyoto user menu. The menu only tells the fuse under the hook. However I still don't know what makes the fuse blown. So far, the lights work fine.

Thanks for every> Replaced the bulb, I still have the same problem. The fuse shall be

Reply to
mike