88-sized waterproof covers?

Anyone know a supplier for a waterproof car cover to fit a SWB?

Slightly weird request I know, cos they're meant to get wet and dirty, but I don't think standing on a rain-soaked drive day after day does much good!

I was thinking of maybe adapting an old caravan cover, bound to be one on Ebay...

Reply to
Jerry

I think that when you cover a car up like that they never seem to dry out and actually rot more unless you get one that totally covers (like the ones you suck the air out with a vac) and put in some of that desiccant that absorbs moisture.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I wouldn't cover a car with a tarpaulin or anything like that. At least in the open it will dry out between the showers! (I once kept a fairly new car in a really well-sealed garage, and regularly put it away wet - the rate it rusted was astonishing.)

FWIW, we keep our caravan under a close-fitting breathable cover over winter and not only does it keep the rain off (no leaks) but it's dry as a bone underneath the cover. The cover was quite expensive, but I'm sure for LR purposes any breathable material would do the same.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'd check ebay, you can find almost anything on there.

Richard Brookman wrote:

Reply to
kickbo

Have you considered a gazebo?

Reply to
William Tasso

you big girl! :p

I've gone the way of a car tent and a carport to cover up some of my vehicles.

Reply to
Tom Woods