Blue flashing LED in 2005 Corolla

My father-in-law recently purchased a 2005 Corolla. He's got the dealer installed in-dash nav system. I think it's the Pioneer.

Anyway, there's also a small black box, about an inch square with a LED screwed into the bottom of the dash, near the steering column, about where the left shin would be.

He says it's blinked bright blue a couple of times. It's happened with the car parked in the garage, not running, with the key removed. On both occasions, they had gone into the dark garage and noticed something blue flashing inside the car. It was that little box.

Anyone know what this is..? I looked in their car's manual, and the manual for the nav system. Nothing is mentioned about it.

Reply to
Larry J.

Security system status LED. Look in the security system / remote door opener manual.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Thanks. Unknown to me, he called the dealer this morning. They told him that it was for the "Extended" security system.

Reply to
Larry J.

It's the Status Light that tells you the security system is armed. They made it look like lightening, or they can make it look like lightening as one of the features. Frankly, I find this kind of display to be an attractive nusance and I can't help but wonder if it might actually attract the people that you would prefer stay away from your car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland