Procedure to disable seatbelt and backup alarms on Prius

I have a 06 Highlander Hybrid and found on this site the procedure to disable the seat belt beep. I just bought a 07 Prius and am wondering if anyone on the site has a procedure for disabling the seatbelt and backup alarms for it? I appreciate any help.

Don Dunlap

Reply to
3D

priusonline.com

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If your NHW20 Prius is a North American model, then yes the reverse beep disable procedure will work on it. It may take you a few tries to get the timing right. The procedure does not work on UK/European/ Australian/etc. 2004-current Prius, but will for 2004-current Prius delivered to US/Canada.

?mode=article&k=7should get you started. (BTW: the reverse beep is only heard INSIDE of the Prius, to let the driver know that it is in the reverse "gear.")

The seatbelt beep disable procedure is fairly similar to the reverse beep disable procedure, except that it works on any NHW20 Prius, not just the North American NHW20 Prius.

Reply to
mrv

Thanks to you and Elmo for the suggestions.

3 D
Reply to
3D

I found the procedure and used it to successfully get rid of the beep. It was relatively simple but I screwed it up the first 3-4 attempts with a simple stupid mistake. It says that you have to put the car in reverse and back to park. I simply forgot to push the park button, but the first time I did that, it worked. Thanks again for the assistance.

3D
Reply to
3D

"sharx35" opin'd thus:

Yes.

Why did you do that?

I agree.

One question, though. When you did that, did you do it because you thought about it, or did some st00pid nanny buzzer tell you?

Yes, I want to know . . . the answer to the question goes directly to the point of the thread . . . .

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

"Don Fearn" ...

I, for one, have been voluntarily using seat belts from the time before there were any buzzers. I am positively uncomfortable in a car seat without one on, especially while driving. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Good job!

IMHO the value of seat belts is to make sure you remain behind the wheel to control the car if something unexpected crops up.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"Tomes" opin'd thus:

Likewise. I also taught my kids to wear theirs each and every time they got into the car, to the point where once I was backing down the driveway and I heard from the back, "Daaaaad! STOOOOP!!" I stopped and ask what was the matter. "I don't have my seatbelt on!!!" was the reply. I explained that it was OK to have it off in the driveway as long as it was on by the time we were moving out onto the street. They all wear seatbelts every time they drive in traffic now . . . as far as I know, anyway . . . .

-Don (don't need no steenkin' buzzer)

Reply to
Don Fearn