brake pedal - buzz from relay?

is this normal - when I step on the brake pedal and release it, I hear a buzz like a relay is having a problem staying engaged or having a problem disengaging. the dealer said they would look at it on friday for an all day appt. I will ask them to check the mpg computer and the nav.

the nav is pretty usless - it often picks a route over an hour longer than necessary. for example, when we left king of prussia, pa yesterday to go to nyc, it picked a route over an hour longer and the opposite direction that my garmin recommened.

I also have a problem with the gas pedal location - I wear a size 13 and I can not get my foot to be upright on the pedal. did not have the problem on my honda pilot

fillups so far 31 to 58mpg - the computer is never close but maybe as one poster said it could be acombination of gas and electric calc issue on the computer and total miles traveled. I have 1600 miles on the car.

Reply to
Rocky

So, sell your Tahoe and buy a Sequoia...

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, it's not normal. May also be the air valve at the brake booster. When you release the pedal the air rushes back to fill in the vacuum.

Your Nav: You can usually set distance or time. But these are based on a fixed database.

Toyotas use Fujitsu-ten's navigation system using the less expensive Tele Atlas map (you want NavTeq maps for the US). Fujitsu also sells it under the Eclipse name for the aftermarket. I was actually told by a Toyota courtesy driver that their nav system is a piece of junk. Sounds like you would agree with that.

I would only use a nav system that has the NavTeq map in the US. TeleAtlas is only good for Europe for now.

johngdole

Based on the fuel economy you are reporting, I am assuming that the car you are asking about is a Prius.

Noises and sounds are difficult to diagnose without hearing them, but if it sound electrical and it is from the general area of the "shifter" then it may be the shift lock solenoid.

Regarding the navigation, check your settings - you can minimize expressway or tollway use, choose by distance, or choose by time.

Reply to
Ray O