07 prius package 5 nav

is there a detour option in the prius nav? there is in my old garmin portable unit.

is there a way to step through the directions to see the route? the toyota gps has been wrong many times in the past 2000 miles in the past 2 weeks since I bought it so I'd like to check the route before I follow it.

the dealer says not to trust the consumption average screen even though I get 31mpg to 58mpg on the past 6 or 7 fillups.

they also did not hear the brake noise and were not interested in having me take them for a test drive

they had no answer as to why the nav is sometimes wrong and te garmin is always right.

the salesman's response - enjoy the car (assuming he means for what it is.) Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

There is on the 2 Lexus I've had.

Zoom out on the display to see the entire route. I have had no seriously wrong directions on my Lexus nav system.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, there is a detour option. When the route guidance is operating, hit the "Route" button, and then the "Detour" button. Then you can choose 1 mile, 3 miles, 5 miles, or whole route.

(Yes, I know that the separate Navigation Owner's Manual (separate than the regular Owner's Manual) can be hard to read, but I highly suggest putting aside some time to flip through it. Hopefully your dealer remembered to give one to you when you bought your car.)

Did you perhaps set your Prius navigation to avoid toll roads or highways, or have you set any areas to avoid? That could be causing some of your routing problems.

For a generic idea of the chosen route, when setting your destination use the "3 routes" button to give you the "quick 1/2, short" routes, and then you can pick which one you want, rather than just going to the fast "guide/route" button.

I haven't played with the Gen5 navigation, but the Gen4 allowed you to use the Map View switch, and choose a route preview option (which will show a dot moving along the map showing you the route), or a route overview option (which will let you scroll through a turn list).

Gen5 Navigation tutorial (for a Lexus, but same as on the 2006-current Prius):

Gen4 Navigation tutorial (for a Lexus, but same as on the 2004-2005 Prius):

mrv

I will insert that you cannot do accurate individual tank-to-tank mileage calculations on the Prius (in the USA anyway) due to the flexible bladder that may not always "inflate" fully when refueling due to temperature, nozzle position, car inclination (sloped ground around pumps) and the condition of the pump nozzle. If the nozzle is scratched or dented it may not make a proper contact with the rubber seal in the car's filler neck and a good seal is needed as the Prius tank uses the pressure from the pump to help fully inflate the bladder. A more accurate method is to simply start recording total miles and total gallons pumped over as many tankfulls as possible.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know

"Daniel Who Wants to Know" wrote in news:M42zi.54083$Xa3.9705@attbi_s22:

Or buy a Scangauge to see actual mpg.