Breaks failure

My breaks like every 500 miles do not work. It happens once at time and then it?s ok for a while. Mechanic could?t find the reason. I have

180000miles on corolla ?95 station wagon.
Reply to
stan07

stan07 wrote in news:995783_7a78fe397a1bec94bbd679d3849b4b30 @autoboardz.com:

BRAKES. Not "breaks".

Some description would help. Do they fail completely and you crash into the car ahead? What?

Reply to
Tegger

Brakes broke huhh? master cylinder ok? brake lines old and collasping? completely flushed and bled system? vacuum leak in booster? Corroded steel brake lines? Beer can under pedal?

Reply to
Wolfgang

What ever you do, don't even think about driving it again until you are 100% sure the brakes are ok. Imagine if you killed somebody! One could argue that it was a criminal act if someone already knew the brakes might fail. Not to mention the moral and liability stuff.

BTW: Sounds like you need to find a new mechanic.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

I had an intermittent brake failure on my old 1985 Land Cruiser. It was a problem with a stuck caliper, and heating of the brake fluid. It was difficult to troubleshoot because it was so intermittent.

Reply to
SMS

As I mentioned before, the OP should have a competent technician diagnose and repair the problem. A competent technician would check the calipers, slides, rear brakes, and brake hoses. Deteriorating brake hoses can cause intermittent problems.

Reply to
Ray O

repair the problem. A competent technician would

hoses can cause intermittent problems.

Did I post my comment wrong somehow Ray? I am not savvy with newsgroups. Sorry if it came across wrong.

I was only trying to say to the OP, dont drive the car.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

No, sorry if I came across that way. As far as I can remember, your advice is always right on, and I certainly did not mean to imply that your advice was erroneous. I was just trying to add that whoever checks out the OP's car should also check the hoses.

Reply to
Ray O