Camry hybrid

I was at the dentist and found an issue of Automobile magazine with a review of the new Camry hybrid. They didn't think much of it. No significant mileage improvement (1 mpg), very slow, and suspension could not handle extra weight on anything but smoothest roads.

Reply to
Art

Did they let you take the magazine home? Mine does.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital

Only reason I see to get would be if it lets you use the HOV lanes with a single occupant! Or you wanted the tax refund from Uncle Sam.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I didn't ask. It was a short review. I gave you the meat of it.

Reply to
Art

Doesn't make sense that there is (nearly) no mileage improvement. In city driving at idle, the gas engine is off so that alone represents a significant savings. I read a short review in Car and Driver that seemed generally favorable.

Reply to
nospampls2002

They shouldn't. The magazines are put there for the enjoyment of people who are waiting for their turn with the dentist. If you want your own copy, then go buy one, you inconsiderate lout.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Who died and left you in charge of Dentist Office Management? His dentist lets him have or borrow the magazines from the waiting room. I'm sure it's occurred to his dentist that the next patient waiting will also want to read something and I'm sure they've got that covered. Part of this dentist's market plan is to let customers - or selected customers - take magazines from the waiting room.

***
Reply to
DH

Perhaps a dentist in this group can confirm this, but I suspect that a lot of magazines in dentist, doctor, barber shop, etc. waiting rooms are free subscriptions from publishers. When my wife worked at the dentist's office, I had suggested that they get AutoWeek instead of Motor Trend, and she told me that all of those magazines were freebie subscriptions.

Reply to
Ray O

Hey be happy...at least your dentist has magazines...mine only has the daily newspaper. But the female hygenist did a wonderful job cleaning my teeth...and that's all I really expect:) mr. happy

Reply to
slatt333

I suppose the magazine situation is academic in my case, I've never waited. I walk in, say, "Hi," toss my jacket over a hanger and they call me in immediately. It's a really well-run office. If I show up on time, I'm out of there on time.

***
Reply to
DH

Wow, the car sounds like a sore tooth!!!!!! I hope the 2007 Camry gets better reviews cause that's what I want to buy:)

Reply to
slatt333

My dentist carries Playboy and Penthouse.

Reply to
Norm De Plume

Either it is a well run dentist office or the dentist is horrible and you are the only patient still going to him.

Reply to
Art

One of our former next-door neighbors started working as a Playboy Bunny, and the money from that put her through college and dental school to become a Hygienist.

(I still say she should have gone for a full DDS...)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

That's not a common opinion.

Viperkiller

And who is your dentist?

Reply to
Viperkiller

We recycle magazines back and forth.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital

You have to wonder if the 2 magazines were testing the same model car...... the reviews are 180 degrees different.

Art

It looks like Toyota forgot to send money to the Automobile magazine and did not give any free Lexus to their employees.

PAUL

: They shouldn't. The magazines are put there for the enjoyment : of people who are waiting for their turn with the dentist. If : you want your own copy, then go buy one, you inconsiderate lout.

No one has to have done so. That's the beauty of it: the gist of the situation is apparent "by inspection," as the mathematicians like to say.

And that situation, pantnoodle, is as follows: When something is provided for the use and enjoyment of all, and you make off with it for your own personal use, you're an inconsiderate lout and deserve to be surgically sterilized.

His dentist's an asshole, and so are you. Now run along, lest I become cross and use my formidable rhetorical prowess to boot your virtual ass up between your figurative shoulderblades. There's a good lad...

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller