What is the 2000 Sienna towing capacity?

The 2000 Toyota Sienna manual says the towing capacity is 2000 or 3500 with towing package. How can I tell if the vehicle has the towing package?

The transmission cooler seems to cover the entire front of the radiator.

I want to tow a 2100# boat that is on a trailer that has brakes (hydraulic surge). Not sure what the trailer weighs.

Thanks.

Reply to
markoch

Try contacting Toyota's customer relations hot line and see if they can look up the VIN to see what the factory options were. If you have the original Monroney Label (window sticker) it would also list the factory options.

The transmission cooler normally does not cover the entire front of the radiator, perhaps it is an aftermarket one?

Reply to
Ray O

It should have an additional transmission cooler. The extra cooler is located behind the small hole under the front bumper on the driver side. If it's there, you should be able to see it using a flash light, assuming you don't have a fog light there.

Reply to
ZR

You will have to find out what weight you'll be towing.

My books are out in the Sienna, but I'm pretty sure it's 3500 lbs out of the box, you just need a hitch and wiring. Google Toyota Sienna and you should get specs.

Happy trails ..

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.