Changing Clock spring

I have a 1999 toyota corolla. The airbag light is on and the horn won't work. I got the car checked and was told that I need a new clock spring(something in the steering column). The part cost around $200 and toyota would charge $150 more to install it. Does anyone know if it is fairly easy to install this part. Does anyone have the steps to change this spring. Please advise. Thank you.

Reply to
Hiren.Parekhm

Mechanically it's not complicated, no, but DIY work on airbags is never recommended (at least by me, which is what counts in my little world). Also, getting the clock spring on correctly and in the right position is a one - time deal. I've seen dozens of people slap it in there, only to turn the wheel for the first time and hear a *snap* of the cable break because it wasn't indexed properly. I'd recommend you let the dealer do it.

Reply to
qslim

read

and see how complicated you think it is. Small subscription fee applies.

Reply to
satmech