connector tools and Crank POS sensor location on 2000 Corolla?

Hi, I try to find out where Crank POS sensor located on my 2000 Corolla, according to picture described in Haynes repair book, it locates near at upper right of engine(from inside car). I try to pull the electrical connector but it is so hard to do so even though I push the clip down hard. I am wondering if there is a special tool to disconnect such connector as we have a simpe one for fuse tool. I can read the part# on the connector but it indicates that the connector is camshaft xxx, not sure what exactly it means.

Reply to
wenmang

A crankshaft position sensor will be located somewhere on the crankshaft, usually on or near the crankshaft pulley. On a U.S. Corolla, it should be on the front of the engine (engine sits sideways and the front is on the passenger side of the car) on the lower pulley.

I think you are working on a camshaft position sensor.

To release the connectors, pull up slightly to the locking collar on the female side of the connector.

Reply to
Ray O