How to remove a coolant temperature sensor on a 98 corolla?

I have a 1998 corolla and it is overcooling. I think the engine temperature sensor is bad. However, it is located against the engine block by coolant inlet ports and hard to get at with conventional tools? Anyone know how to do it?

Reply to
mdmtber

I have a 1998 corolla and it is overcooling. I think the engine temperature sensor is bad. However, it is located against the engine block by coolant inlet ports and hard to get at with conventional tools? Anyone know how to do it?

Reply to
mdmtber

I have a 1998 toyota corolla and it is overcooling. I think the engine temperature sensor is bad. However, it is located against the engine block by coolant inlet ports and hard to get at with conventional tools? Anyone know how to do it?

Reply to
mdmtber

"mdmtber" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Your problem is much, *much* more likely to be a bad thermostat.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I am also thinking that it's a stuck open thermostat.

Reply to
scott21230