Winders on R Astra

I'm damned if I can see how to take the handles off (to get inside the door). I have two Haynes, one shows a wire clip that you hook out from opposite the "crank" bit, and it isn't one of those. The other shows a blade tool inserted behind the crank, but I can't see any grooves / slots or other features which I could try poking.

Reply to
Newshound

The blade tool is just another way of removing the horseshoe clip.

You will have a horseshoe clip. Pry the handle away from the round plastic ring (this will also push the door card back) this will reveal the clip, use a hook to withdraw it if you do not have the correct flat strip tool to push it off. The clip will fly away and never be found.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful