Corolla starting question

I have an 89 LX with 220,000 miles. No problems, it started right up,and I drove to a store. When I went to start it again,Nothing,not even a click. My friend jumped it,and it started right up again. When I got home,I turned it off and started it right up again. I started it a few times,and it started right up again. Any solutions?

Reply to
Herb

Maybe you should check the cable connections between the battery and ground, coil, etc... Could have just been a loose connection. I'd pull them off and give em a good cleaning.

Reply to
Dante

How old is the battery? If it is more than 5 years old, it probably needs replacement. Also check the connections on the battery cable. If you have an automatic transmission and it doesn't start in park, try shifting to neutral and see if it starts.

Reply to
Ray O