Corolla Verso 2004 fusebox location please?

I'm looking for the one that cointains the cigarette lighter fuse - I've found all the others!

Thanks

Reply to
bobthebuilder999

The cigarette lighter is usually fused with a few other items, like the clock or the dome lights. If everything else works, remove the lighter socket itself and check for power at the connection.

The lighter socket has a thermal fuse built in at the back, meant to pop if someone forces the lighter element in to stay on past the normal 'pop out' point, before it gets hot enough to catch the car on fire. It will also pop if you run an inverter or 12V coffeepot through the lighter socket, too much current for too long.

You replace the whole socket assembly - the 'cup' and the screw shell that holds it in place are readily available at parts stores.

And if you run an inverter or large 12V powered items regularly, they also sell 'Accessory Power' sockets meant for the duty - wire it direct to the car battery per the included instructions.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

The manual indicates that there is a seperate fuse for the lighter, so I need to check that first, assuming I can find it.

Reply to
bobthebuilder999