Cruise control RAV4

I've noticed that the CC on my RAV, which seems to work fine most of the time, stops working on steep hills, is it supposed to do this ?

Reply to
holdgaj

It stops controlling the speed of the car. I live in a hilly area with lots of speed restrictions - the CC is therefore on a lot. - I wanted to know if the CC cuts out over certain angles of inclination.

Reply to
holdgaj

"holdgaj gmail com>" It stops controlling the speed of the car. I live in a hilly area with

I'll describe the functions of the Toyota factory cruise control; if you have an aftermarket cruise control, its operation may differ. The operation of Toyota's Dynamic Laser CC also differs a little.

The cruise control does not work below 25 MPH, and if vehicle speed drops below that speed, the resume feature will also not work.

When going down steep inclines, the CC will back off of the throttle, but it will not apply the brakes so the vehicle's speed may exceed the set speed. By the way, "brakes" stop the car; "breaks" is what happens when something goes wrong with your car.

When going up steep inclines, the CC will attempt to maintain vehicle speed, allowing the transmission to downshift if necessary but vehicle speed may drop off a little. The more power the engine has, the less the tendency for the transmission to downshift when going uphill.

When you apply the service brake or parking brake, the CC will disengage. If you have a manual transmission, the CC will disengage if you depress the clutch pedal. Pulling the CC stalk towards you will disengage the CC.

The CC is not designed or intended to maintain speed on steep inclines.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. The CC on my BMW does control the speed on inclines, so I wondered if the Rav was the same, now I know !

Thnx to all

Reply to
holdgaj