[SOLVED] Disable Corolla Seatbelt beep

You may only need a seat belt once ... but which once.

Three 20 something students in Texas in one car accident, no seat belts. One dead two in critical/serious condition.

Reply to
NotMe

replying to Erica_0381, Leo wrote: This did not work on my 2012 corolla. Tried several times.

Reply to
Leo

replying to Ray O, Stephen Sullivan wrote: I often put groceries on the passenger seat and it's often heavy enough to trigger the seat belt alarm. In there unfortunate event of an accident, milk, butter and bread might die!!!!

Reply to
Stephen Sullivan

Wouldn't it just be simpler to leave the seatbelt connected unless a passenger wants to actually use it?

Reply to
The Real Bev

OR, to put them on the floor in front, in back, or in the trunk.

Reply to
Sharx35

replying to ---MIKE---, Stephen Sullivan wrote: Wow, thanks Mike, I hadn't thought of that. Oh no, I just tried it and it doesn't stop the reversing beep. I'll keep using the seatbelt though, thanks.

Reply to
Stephen Sullivan

Is Ray O back - missed him?

Reply to
Mic

replying to Ray O, Timmay wrote: I deliver pizzas and the weight on the passenger seat sets the chime off. For whatever reason, just answer the man's question. I know it has something to do with holding the odometer button down for 15 seconds or something, but I just want to know the answer.

Reply to
Timmay

  1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. ... 2. Press the small knob on the instrument cluster to cycle between the trip odometer and the odometer reading. ... 3. Turn the ignition back to the "On" position and hold the small knob for 10 to 15 seconds. ... 4. Release the trip odometer knob to finish.
Reply to
Sharx35

replying to Sharx35, Timmay wrote: I googled the answer too. Problem is it tells me to turn the key to "on" twice and isn't too clear on timing and overlapping of all the steps. That's why I am on this message board. Poor Google instructions. I need to turn off the chime for the passenger or even both because I driver things that set it off by weight. 2005 Toyota Corolla. Thanks

Reply to
Timmay
*THANKYOU!!! *This works. No more seatbelt beeps or beeps when driver door open with key in ignition. Top man =:-?**
Reply to
Shpunk