disabling the daytime driving lights

Is there a simple way of disabling the daytime driving lights of a 2000 Sienna? I'm hoping a fuse or relay would be all needed. Of course I want the rest of the headlight system to work.

I know these are supposed to contribute to safety, but I find them annoying. Besides, it seems many newer cars don't even have them anymore.

Reply to
badgolferman

I *just* asked the same of my Toyota dealer about my new 4 runner as it states in the manual that it can be done by the dealer. The dealer told me that it was not as simple as removing a fuse...they needed to rewire some things, etc. because by removing the fuse you would not have lights. Said it would cost about $180 or so. That was the end of if for me :-)

...Allen

Reply to
Allen L.

Have you tried applying the parking brake to the first notch, backing off the adjustment and covering the indicator light? ;)

mike hunt

"Allen L." wrote:

The dealer told me

Reply to
MikeHunt2

What?

Reply to
badgolferman

On some models, the running lights go off when the parking brake is applied. Excuse the resident moron. He's not all there.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore