automatic to manual transmission swap

My 1989 Corolla is an automatic. I'd like to put in a manual transmission, if possible. If so, I need to know if there are problems
involved with switching trannies in this model. Is there a bulleton or manual or magazine article that might cover the procedure? JDO

There is no factory manual that covers the procedure to change an automatic to a manual transmission. It is probably much less expensive to purchase a 1989 Corolla with a manual transmission than to try to convert a 17 year old car. Among the things besides the transmission itself, you will have to change the ECU, install a clutch master cylinder and associated lines, clutch pedal, and transmission ECU.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)