Does this exhaust look like water in the cylinders?

I have the same engine in my Supra. For the first few minutes, it does blow some somke until the engine gets warm. Maybe I have a problem, too, but I did a tune-up in Feb or March and had no unusual symptoms on the plugs of water in the cylinders.

He should be. That's what's spec'd for this engine.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Bypass hose? Is that the hose to the bottle?

Reply to
Hachiroku

no, it's off the block to the left of the water pump and runs to the mount where the thermostat is. it's a short, fat, curved hose 6-10" long. hard to see but look on the left side of the motor front behind the water pump on the block. easy to overlook and does EXACTLY your problem. you should be ablt to see it steam as the motor starts to get hot. makes you think it's the water pump but it's not. a good parts store can check it for you and sell you a replacement. it's dead simple to replace.

Reply to
someone

I see it now. No probs on my 7M-GE!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hachiroku there are several of those small coolant hoses on your Supra. One of them that you should keep an eye on is just a pipe end cap. It should be on the exhaust side of the engine near the firewall.

Reply to
Danny G.

When I had the top off the engine, I checked out all the hoses and tubes, esp after the PCV and oil breather tubes broke trying to remove them.

Everything looked OK

Reply to
Hachiroku

yep, that's my motor too. a leaker can really make you think the water pump is bad because of where it steams.

Reply to
someone