driver power door lock wont release

driver side lock will not unlock. all others ok, and i can feel the solenoid trying to activate, but it won't release the lock. Can i remove the door panel trim and release this lock manually?? I don't really need it to lock but i damn sure need it to unlock. This wonderful vehicle has been trouble free for 278k and i believe will run forever but i'm getting too old to climb thru the window. someone please help, any advice will be greatly appreciated by my old friend and me.

Reply to
jmd

If you can get the door panel loose enough being that you don't seem to be able to open the door, I would suggest spraying some locksmith approved lube into the lock and see what that does.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Removing the interior door panel without being able to open the door is pretty tricky, but I believe that it can be done. You may have to remove the B-pillar trim to be able to pull the panel away from the door frame.

Did you try using the key?

Reply to
Ray O