Error in Toyota Parts Departments' guides, 2003 Corolla does NOT use Dexron 3!

After two Toyota parts guys told me the Corolla 2003 model uses Dexron 3, I looked in my manual, because I was certain I had used T-IV for my last drain & fill, and I was confident I hadn't used the wrong stuff--I'm careful about things like this. Sure enough, the manual said Type T-IV. I showed the second parts guy and he checked with a different parts guide which contradicted the first one he looked in and agreed with my owner's manual!

I feel like I should call the parts department at the first dealership and let them know there's an error in their parts guide, but I wonder if they'll just blow me off as a nut...

Reply to
Ernie Sty

I would! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, but you know me better than they do... ;-)

Reply to
Ernie Sty

Sounds pretty irresponsible if they didn't check your statement...I'd be surprised if they didn't...(unless there's really no difference in the two?)

Reply to
Gord Beaman