First time for everything! ;)

Washed the Scion today. We're supposed to get a storm tonight/tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure it was dry...so, I took it up on the local Interstate.

Rt91 from Mass to Vermont has been called "The Autobahn of America". Once you get out on Enfield CT and through Springfield. MA it is preety much nice, straight and smooth. Even more so now that they have paved the first

15 miles in Vermont...

Well, 60 wasn't fast enough, 75 didn't quite do it, so let's see what happens at 100...

Nice and smooth! Barely felt like I was over 75. Took about 4 seconds to hit 100 from 75. Still had PLENTY of throttle left, but I didn't fell like pushing my luck. Held it there for about 2 miles, and then got off and around the rotary for the return trip. This time, I drove a little more sanely...I kept it to 95...

Wooooo-Hooooo! This thing is freakin' FAST!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think it was Hachiroku ???? who commented on his Scion:

You didn't get the xB, did you??

Actually, the xB can go pretty fast -- I've had mine to 90 or so -- but it takes a L_O_N_G time to get there!

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

tC...Va---VOOOOOOM! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
mark digital©

Reply to
tom418

Where are you at? I'd bet the other reason is that they are often cheaper than other Toyota dealers in the region; at least they used to be. They were bought last year by the people that own Father's and Sons.

I used to get parts shipped there when I bought them direct from Toyota, but they won't do that anymore...

Also, shop around. Noho Toyota used to be less expensive on some items, at least before Lia bought them out. I wouldn't bet on that anymore; Lia knows a Gold Mine when he sees one...

There's one dealer in Pittsfield that knew a Gold Mine back in the 80's, I can't imagine he's let up any since then...

"Hachiroku

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Nice! I think I'll take you up on that.

The company I just got laid off from has a display there; it's made up to look like a Vermont sugar house, even though they are a high-tech manufacturer. The owner like the Vermont 'spirit'; they even have their own line of Maple syrup!

I was just up in Bratt/Hinsdale yesterday. Had to get cigs, you know. It was a lousy, cloudy rainy day, but it was the first time for the Mazda to take a 'road trip', and I certainly DIDN'T go over 65 in that! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
tom418

And you come all the way here to buy parts? One of the better parts dept's was Westfield Toyota. I would assume they are still in business, but I haven't been there for 20 years now. Also, Brother's had a decent parts guy, also 20 years ago, and the one in E. Hartford used to deliver!

But I haven't lived in CT since '87, nor in Westfield since '85, so I'm not up on what's what there any more.

Oh, and before Westfield I lived in Southwick, and worked in Bloomfield, so I used to cut through Granby every day...Usually stopping at a convenience store on (RT 20?) to get a cuppa coffee! Nice town, but I bet it's grown since then! ;)

LOL! Greenfield, OTOH, is till pretty much the same 'Sleepy Hollow' it's been since 1955...

Reply to
Hachiroku