fixing my 98 tacoma rear bumper

Hello, I bent up my chrome bumper and want to try and fix it before i would replace it. Can i heat it and hammer it or is there a different suggestion?

Reply to
dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There used to be metal shops which would "straighten and rechrome" and they'd look like new at a much lover price, but I think whacking it with a hammer would leave it looking as if you'd done just that. Try for a metal shop specializing in auto chrome or hunt in a wrecking yard....as you may know, these folks have a hot-line where they can call all the surrounding yards for the part if they themselves don't have it. hope this helps.

Reply to
mack

What Mack said, but try

You can prolly locate one in your area in seconds, and also pick your price level.

Most of the stuff I have found this way has been excellent, and it allowed me to either pick by price, proximity, or both!

Reply to
Hachiroku