Forbes Article - maybe Toyota will react to this!

There's one article on forbes web site (listed by yahoo too!) that intrigues me a bit ; The Least-Safe Cars 2006 - Forbes.com By Dan Lienert

There's no American car on Danny's list, not even GM's equivalent for the Suzuki he lists there (Chevrolet Optra), but, Corolla, is one of the least safe vehicle to drive ! (at least in the States I believe he says ...)

Can we get Toyota's reaction on this article published in an otherwise famous magazine ?

In my opinion there are lots of other cars that have a crash test result under or at the same level.

Claudiu

Reply to
livcis

I predict within a year, the Corolla will be a top scorer. The car might not be any safer, but it will do better in the tests. Sort of like how the Tundra does great in the IIHS offset crah test, but has the worst injuy loss rating of any big pick-up. Japanese manufacturer's are terrific at playing the numbers came. Give them a target to shoot at and they will hit it. Too bad sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

man thats an annoying web site,

anyway with the optional airbags the Corolla rate acceptable, I imagine toyota would say "order the airbags if your worried about it, thats why we offer them"

ford is on the list too, fwiw

Reply to
bungalow_steve

Sorry I didn't notice that this "senior editor" - Dan Lienert is a high school kid - how the heck does Forbes hire them - this guy would do way better as a "senior" with McDonald's or Danny's. Forbes is not a car magazine, true, but after seeing these goofy articles would anybody trust their MBA ratings anymore? Claudiu

Reply to
livcis