Future Toyota rebates?

There's a current Toyota rebate that expires on Tuesday, and we're considering a Sienna but don't want to be rushed about it. Based on past experience, how likely is it that Toyota will have another $1,000 rebate? Do they tend to offer them at year's end to move the current stock? Any good guesses?

Thanks, Duffy Tweedy

Reply to
duffytweedy

Depends on supply vs. demand at the time.

Reply to
Mark A

Some comments:

1) Consider yourself lucky with the $1K rebate offer... the Pacific Northwest Rebate is only $500.

2) They had some decent rebates [at least $1K]/offers last year with the intro of the 2005. The drawbacks being that you would not be able to place a

2005 Factory Order (if you wanted to) for something special and you won't have the selection at the dealership since the 2006 models will be arriving and those sitting on the lot then may be the most expensive models and/or the rejects that nobody else wanted.
Reply to
Private Person

That is correct. The Toyota dealer will demand too much for the car on you will have to supply it, if you want the car.

Why not look at several of the competitive sized and equipped car that suit you needs, get a total drive home price for each and then decide which best suits your budget, before you buy any new vehicle? You may be in for a big surprise to find there are several on the market that are as good or better, for a drive home price that is thousand of dollars less.

mike hunt

Mark A wrote:

Reply to
MevlinGibson

If you are going to wait until the end of the year I would suspect the price would be lower anyhow, or you could negotiate a lower price. Don't let it rush you into buying, from a sales perspective that is exactly what they want, it's not actually there to save you money. =)

And here is another tip, they want your sale BAD. Next time you go, demand a set price. Go ahead and tell them you want the $1,000 off that was offered a year ago on top of whatever you negotiate. Take a business card along. If they say no, say 'Okay, thank for your time anyhow. I will keep looking. If you change your mind, here is my card' And then walk straight out the door, chances are you will be stopped before you leave, or you will get a call.

--Josh

Reply to
Josh

Thanks for your replies. We got a good deal on a gorgeous Salsa Red Sienna LE, and took the plunge. What a great vehicle!

Reply to
duffytweedy

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik