Gas mileage on Avalon?

2007 model, 29-31, 87 octane.
Reply to
user

Avalon owners, Wife is thinking of getting an 08, and we are concerned about the gas mileage.

What has been your experience?

Thanks, Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

Got a 2008 Avalon in Dec and gas mileage has been one of the pleasant surprises. With only 400 miles on it I took a 3600 mile round trip to Florida. Average mileage for the whole trip was about 27-28 and between some fillups I got over 30. Most of the time moved along at 70-80 mph, actually saw 32+ on the panel readout when going slower. City seems to be hovering around 26 but not enough of that yet to be sure. Car is great/comfortable but so many things to look at on the panel that it can, at times, be distracting. MLD

Reply to
MLD

We have an 05 and wife drives it basically around town - about 19-20 b ut over 30 if she goes much on the highway - and she does "go"

ron in Ca

Reply to
ron

For what it's worth my ole '97 got 18-19 in town and 33-34 cruising the interstate at legal speeds. Miss it dearly.

Reply to
unkadunk