Considering an Avalon - any experience?

Wife is considering an 08 Avalon. Seems to like everything except color selection.

She once had a 1976 Cressida which she loved. Now driving a 2000 Accord. When we needed work done on the Cressida (Rear wheel bearings & water pump) it was quite expensive - far more than on American cars.

Anyway, I like to get comments from Avalon owners: How do you like the car? Actual gas mileage? Maintenance costs? Any other - Thanks in advance !!!!!! Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

Excellent vehicle IMHO. '05 and '07, both great cars. Very roomy, rear seats recline. 29 to 31 mpg depending how you drive. Very good in the snow and ice for a car. No problems to require other than normal maintenance schedule stuff and I never get to drive it. Well....rarely.

Reply to
user

I have an '03 with 60K miles. I love it.

28 to 31 on the road, depending on speed and terrain.

oil change and filter change every 5000 miles

The best car I've ever owned, and seemingly bulletproof. Had it almost four years and have put on one new tire and the existing spare on the front axle, the rear tires are the same as came with it. No brake problems, or any other problems. Oh yes, I flushed the transmission at about 40K for $90.

I don't think I'd much like a new one, since they look too much like Camrys..... : - (

Reply to
mack