gm certified vehicles

or

badgolferman

I wonder what they did for the VIN, with two halves.

It reads, in part, "We offer a detailed vehicle history report for every vehicle we sell-so you don't have to worry about major problems like accidents, fires or hidden titles. CARFAX, the most trusted name in vehicle history reports, is the preferred supplier of GM Certified Used Vehicle history reports."

Well, she didn't have to worry about it. They fixed the damage. ;-)

I hope her lawyer sees that quote. One would think that she has a valid claim. I guess her Chevy dealer doesn't.

Personally, I would make sure that the car is parked right in front of the dealer with appropriate writing painted on the side of the car indicating the history of the car and the way the dealer backs the cars it inspects.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I liked the part where it said "Ms. Day said she became suspicious about the car after noticing the paint did not match." This implies to me, she didn't even bother to look the car over herself before she bought it.

In my opinion, calling a used car "certified" is just a marking ploy. Like saying a car has "sport tuned suspension" or referring to an engine as an I-force V-8. It is just gobbledygook. If the dealer is honest and diligent then it may have some meaning. If the dealer is crooked, then it is meaningless. It seems like all the brands now talk about certified used cars. Unless they are sending out inspectors paid directly by the manufacturer (Toyota, Lexus, BMW, GM, Ford, etc.), it has no meaning. A crooked dealer can claim anything is certified. Maybe if there are enough complaints, the manufacturer will try to discipline the dealer, but it is unlikely that they can do much, Dealer franchises are heavily protected by the law in many states.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White