Help!!! I dont know what's wrong

Yeah, but that clutch is *easy* to replace. Four big bolts on the bellhousing, four small bolts on the clutch cover, undo the rear driveshaft yoke to slide it back, a spring and two cotter pins for the clutch and shift lever linkages, undo the speedometer cable, and the trans is out. Light enough to horse it around without a jack either.

I'm disappointed that my 95 Tacoma isn't that easy. 190K on the original clutch & I'm going to have to go in sometime. Toyota recommends that you pull the engine due to a non-removable transmision crossmember.

-- Mike Harris Austin TX

Reply to
Mike Harris

braking, & would often hold the car on a hill by

had, but never had any clutch probs, either.

instead of braking and holding the car on a hill by

sold your clutch problems to someone else.

my paycheck

using the clutch is a little trickier ;-)

throttle to match engine and transmission input

matching engine and transmission speeds. A little bit

I hear that. I drove a dump truck with a split axle and no syncros for a wile so I got lots of practice. And my old Baja 200hp VW used to snap the clutch cable (& make my leg tired) enough that not using the pedal was no big deal.

Lol, In traffic two big pushes with one foot out the door was just right to shift into 1st.

Reply to
Danny G.

And if left too long can probably add a flywheel to the list.

Reply to
FantomFan

not sure what is allowed here, but my 1998 corolla 5-spd w/100k miles on it just had a front brake cylindar lock up to the point that the wheel heated up and melted part of the hubcap. in the $600 process of getting THAT fixed, the guy said 'by the way, we don''t do clutch work but your clutch is shot' and it's 'pricey' to get it replaced.

any idea what 'pricey' equates to > >>>

Reply to
skiguy02920

Depending on where you are and whether the flywheel needs work or not, a clutch replacement can cost $1,000 at the bargain end and $2,000 at the high end, with $1,500 being a likely price.

Reply to
Ray O