Help! I got both P0170 and P0330 codes on my 95 v6 Camry

Help! I got both P0170 and P0330 codes on my 95 v6 Camry. P0330 points to the knock sensor #2. Was hoping I could replace it myself saving some money. Do you think that will fix the problem with both codes? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
95v6camry

Diagnostic Trouble code P0170 means fuel trim malfunction in bank 1.

DTC P0330 means Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2)

The two DTC's are not really related and there is no 1 thing to replace that will cure both trouble codes. Also, i may be wrong, but I would imagine that P0170 would be accompanied by another DTC indicating whether the fuel trim is lean or rich.

the knock sensor affects ignition timing and does not have anything to do with fuel mixture. Check continuity for the wire harness for the knock sensor on bank 2.

Reply to
Ray O

replying to Ray O, Gilligan wrote: My 95 Camry XLS had a P0170, it was from an excessively lean fuel ratio from the rubber of the air intake developing a crack after the mass air flow sensor. found a new replacement on eBay for $14.00

Reply to
Gilligan