Hey Hachi - you might be in luck

Got this email from my mom today:

I think I might have to sell the Toyota, I have had three brake lines put on it, and it is still not right. I do not want to put a lot more money into it. Brake fluid started pouring out of it. I had to have it towed to the garage by AAA. I never could locate that caliper bracket. I am taking it to a different garage and see what they say. I have already put over $500.00 in it, but I love that car!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hmmmm.... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thought that might interest you - she's gotten offers from just about every place she's called for repair. LOL They want that engine.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Natalie, brake lines seldom leak on Toyotas unless they are badly rusted or have been damaged. Leaking wheel cylinders if the car has drum brakes or leaking caliper seals are a more likely culprit.

Reply to
Ray O

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry, it's the Boy Scout leader tendencies coming out again ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

LOL it's okay - we know that. That's why she's having such a hard time getting it fixed. The parts are impossible to find.

Thanks anyway!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Whoever is working on the car needs to order the parts off line. I'd bet they can be found somewhere.

Reply to
Ray O

She's tried every place she can find, but they all just ask to buy the damned thing. We've run out of ideas.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hey! I'll buy the dammed thing!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmmm, sounds like a conspiracy on the part of the shops - claim no parts are available, take it off your mother's hands, and voila! they've found a treasure trove of FX parts in a garage in northwest Massachusetts!

Reply to
Ray O

Oh, I don't know about a treasure trove.

I basically want the engine, or depending on the sahpe of the body, I may scavange the GTS for parts (Did *I* Say that?!?!? It is getting really rusty... :( )

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't remember if Natalie's mother's FX is a regular one or a GTS. If it is a GTS, the engine and 4 wheel disc brake setup are more rare than the regular FX.

Reply to
Ray O

Nope, it's an FX-16 automatic. About 160k. It has a brand spankin' (purchased new in 2005) bumper.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I KNOW!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Actually it lives in Orlando now. We know they want the parts - that engine is primo. My husband took very loving care of that car.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's what I mean. It is difficult to believe that you can get a bumper but not brake parts for the car. Are you sure it's not Hachi looking for the parts for your mom?

Reply to
Ray O

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip to Orlando!

Reply to
Ray O

No, the bumper was pure luck. Remember Rick? MDT? His parts manager did a database search of all the dealerships in the US. My late friend Steve sent me the bumper from Fairfax, VA about a week before he died of a heart attack. :-(

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's Hachi's plan...