HOLY F__k!

Did you guys see this?

its about the helicopter crash in Phoenix.. warning the video is kind of disturbing. Needless to say, all on board died...

Here is the story...

Here are the Crash Photos!

Go Mavz

Too many wolves in the area. I wasn't disturbed much by that video as much as other crashes. Sorry for the families.

Reply to
dbu

"Go Mavz" ...

Yeah, it was horrible. Those poor people and their families!

Natalie

*snip*
Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yeah, and they're going to try to charge the guy that caused the chase with causing the crash.

Yup, makes good sense to me. I'm sure he called them and said, "Can you guys tail me so the cops know where I am wherever I go?"

Reply to
Hachiroku

They don't *have* to tail chases. It's all for sensationalism.

Maybe now they'll never mind and cover dog shows.

Reply to
Hachiroku

As much as the guy was irresponsible and ran, it is not his fault that air rules were not followed... No jury will convict him of that.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Yeah, they say Diana died because she was trying to escape reporters. Doesn't make it any less horrible, but it also doesn't excuse those operating the aircraft or the driver of Di's limo (who was drunk).

Sad all around.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You never know...

Reply to
Hachiroku

And it doesn't excuse Sheik Al-Fayed (the owner of the limo) for being a cheap-ass, either - that limo that they were driving had been in a severe accident before that bent the chassis and should have been enough to total & scrap it. But instead it was fixed, badly, and put back into service. None of the drivers liked using the car, many reports of handling and braking problems, et al.

Driven by a borderline drunk driver doing a rather high rate of speed in a narrow tunnel and nailing the brakes to avoid sudden slower traffic, I'm not surprised it got sideways and ate a support pillar...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Don't be too sure. It's already established law that when a suspect runs from the cops and there's a car chase, and a cop or an innocent victim gets killed, that suspect can be charged with their death.

It's not that much further a leap of logic to charge that suspect for the deaths in the helicopter accident - if he hadn't initiated the pursuit, the copters wouldn't have been there. And often when the perp tries to challenge the charges from the chase, the footage from the TV choppers is introduced as evidence of the reckless actions.

If the local DA does try to charge the perp with those four deaths, either way it comes out it will end up going all the way up the appellate process to the US Supreme Court.

The crooks simply can not be allowed to keep upping the 'dangerous conditions' ante far enough to where the cops will back off and let them get away. The "Pit Maneuver" (deliberately spinning the car out) and other active pursuit termination measures need to remain in the law enforcement arsenal of allowed responses to these sort of actions.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

"Bruce L. Bergman" "Wickeddoll®" :

Wow, I didn't know that part. No wonder Daddy Fayed was so tormented about this, besides losing his son. Indirectly, it's his own fault.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Bruce L. Bergman" "Go Mavs"

Go Mavz wrote:

Amen! I'd convict the asshole.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The ch. 3 anchor was really shaken up by the crash. That station uses two helicoptors, and their afternoon one that crashed. If they had been using their morning helicoptor, the accident would have been less likely because it has a telephoto camera, and its pilot doesn't like to get near other helicoptors. I think there was a fist fight on the ground between two people from ch. 3 and 15. The ch. 3 helicoptor was directly below the ch. 15 craft, and the latter's pilot radioed the other craft and told him that he was directly below. My father thinks the helicoptors got so close that one sucked the lift out of the other one.

News helicoptors crash more often than people think. Another local news pilot moved to Denver and died in a crash during a snow storm, and a few decades ago the helicoptor for NBC in Los Angeles crashed, killing its pilot, Francis Gary Powers -- the same Francis Gary Powers who flew the U2 that crashed over the Soviet Union in 1960.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

The last statistics I read on news aircraft pilots stated that not one has survived past 25 years on the job. If they work nearly that long, they die in a crash.

Reply to
witfal

**Do you guys remember the mid-80s helicopter crash with Jane Dornacker? She was giving a traffic report on WNBC when the engine seized in flight. Can you imagine what the DJ was thinking after hearing the transmission cut off? Sheesh.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

Just about everyone around the car and in the car was to blame for that accident... Also, the Al-Fayed father is crazy and is a bufoon... trying to suggest it was a conspiracy.

Reply to
Go Mavs

That was the one in Chicago, right? Yep, we remember hearing her yell, "Hit the water! Hit the water! Hit the water!" before the sound went dead. It was terrible.

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
anon

Yep, and he is trying to raise all kinds of conspiracies that it was the Monarchy...

Reply to
Go Mavs

I am not defending the perps actions.. but he didnt ask the news choppers to follow him without following correct air rules.

It would be one thing if it were a police chopper and a small plane that was landing... or something of that nature..

but as much as this guy did wrong, it is in no way his fault...

now they might find a way to convict him.. its been done before.. We don't exactly have the safest legal system in the world.

Reply to
Go Mavs

The helicopter nosedived, struck the top of a chain link fence at a river pier, crashed into the Hudson River very near to the Manhattan shore and sank in 15 to 20 feet of water. Both occupants were trapped for nearly 10-15 minutes before help arrived. Jane Dornacker died on her way to Saint Vincent's Hospital. She was 39 years old. Her pilot and only other occupant, Bill Pate, was severely injured but survived. In the subsequent investigation, the NTSB found that the sprag clutch that was installed in the helicopter (on lease to WNBC Radio) was a military surplus part which was not designed for use in a civilian aircraft, and that the part had not been adequately lubricated. It directly led to a mid-air seizure of the main rotor blades. The staff of WNBC were so appalled at the revelation of this malpractice that at one point they threatened to resign en masse.

Reply to
Go Mavs