How can you tell that the clutch is to be changed?

Back from the mechanics. He tested the car and told me that the "Clutch is gone". I fully trust him on the diagnostic. However, what are the signs that the clutch is gone? Very often, I pressed the gas pedal to accelerate, and the accelaration takes place only after a few seconds. Thanks for your advice!

Reply to
mikesmith9999

The most common sign that the clutch is gone is when you apply throttle to accelerate and the acceleration takes place after a delay or the engine RPM increases without a corresponding increase in vehicle speed.

Reply to
Ray O

That's one of the signs. You need a clutch.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks, dear friends. I will have it changed on Thursday! I look forward to feeling the difference. Sometimes drivers behind me seem to wonder why I'm not going ahead faster. For now I should put a sign on my car saying, "My clutch is gone! Change lane!".

Reply to
mikesmith9999

A simple way is to put the clutch under load, ie drive up an incline, if the revs climb and your speed dosn't, then you need a new clutch.When i got my celica, I thought the clucth was slipping as it had the signs, took it to 3 places and they said it wasn't, mate drove it and could tell straight away.

-Michael-

Reply to
Michael