07 Camry from Japan ?

Does Toyota eat the sea freight of cars shipped over from Japan or is it added to the truck transportation?

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

The shipping cost listed on the sticker is for land transportation.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

If it is the same model and number and phase, then the answer is yes.

Reply to
Ray O

The sticker prices are the same, but Toyota uses regional distributors (some of which are not owned by Toyota) to sell the cars to the dealers, and there could be slight differences in the price for distributor or dealer added charges, like advertising, etc.

Reply to
Mark A

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. has 12 regions in the continental U.S. Gulf States Toyota and Southeast Toyota are independent distributors, all the rest are wholly owned subsidiaries of TMS.

Hawaii and U.S. territories are all handled through independent distributors.

The destination freight charges are equalized throughout the continental U.S. (I'm not sure is the independents use the same DFC but I think so.

Toyota Dealer Advertising Association charges vary by market due to differences in marketing expenses.

MSRP for the vehicle and factory installed options do not vary but dealer invoice prices may vary with the independents.

Reply to
Ray O

Let me know if you find an '07 Camry from Japan.

Also, look at the "Origin" sticker and notice where the parts come from (if you do find one, that is!)

Reply to
Vash The Stampede