How much should I pay for a Scion xA?

I don't think so. Hmmm...ask him if he's ever been in New England...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The answer is simple. If you want to get a good deal on a car. Don't get a scion. They will only sell at or above MSRP. They will not let you haggle. Look elsewhere. There are tons of other car companies out there. The idea that Toyota has quality superior to everyone else is just a misconception no days as their quality has fallen in recent years now that they've been mass producing cars in larger numbers now than ever before. In reality, your just paying for the name.

And like I said. You live in Seattle after all. You need a more substantial car. If you MUST buy Japanese than I would strongly suggest that you look into Subaru. Subaru is a big seller in the pacific northwest. Probably because they offer the best AWD system in the market right now and it rains all the time over there. Subaru also has high ranking when it comes to crash worthiness.

If you want something with a low price tag as a new car consider the KIA RIO. I think it starts at $11,000 and it does everything the scion does for much less and on top of that it has a 100,000 mile 10 year warrantee in case anything should happen. The toy on the other hand only has a 36,000 warrantee.

Consider all your options first before considering a Scion. A car which is seriously over rated right now. If anything you can wait so many years for the coolness factor to cool off. Than you can haggle. Or buy used.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

I agree with you there. I had no problem in Seattle in a rented Geo Metro a few years back.

Reply to
Seerialmom

Drive one...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Let's put it this way: my 1985 Corolla GTS cost $13725 when I bought it.

1.6 Liter DOHC developing 112 BHp and Air Conditioning. The AC was it for Optional Eq. Oh, wait, it does have the LSD option (Oh, WOW, Man!)

The Scion tC has power everything as standard, has the 'panoramic' roof,

17" allowys instead of 14, etc, etc, and has a 2.4l DOHC developing 165 HP.

The MSRP on the car new was $17,275. I think $4,000 over TWENTY YEARS isn't really all that bad...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Saturn also has a policy like that, but it's unenforceable (as well as borderline illegal) and dealers routinely negotiate on price. Since Scions are not exactly flying off the lot, it should be possible to negotiate a better deal.

Reply to
SMS

If you had invested that $13725 at five or six percent per annum in 1985, you would have had $50000 or so, twenty years later. The $17000 in today's dollars is several times less what you paid in 1985 dollars - perhaps the equivalent of $5000 in 1985.

Reply to
gwsneo

That makes a Scion an even better deal!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I drove a Scion tC yesterday and was not impressed. I'm 5'8" and there wasn't any head room at all in the drivers seat. In the back seat my head pressed up against the rear glass hatch back window. And Toyota made the car so boring to drive. The engine had no soul. There was no exhaust note. The driving experience was about as fun as riding the bus.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

I'm 6 feet. I have no problem. The only thing I don't like is the gas pedal is too close.

And, I don't sit in the back seat.

I have a Mazda that sounds REAL good. I put a $29 muffler on it. You're right...it SOUNDS better than my tC.

Perhaps it's not that the CAR is boring to drive, but the driving method is boring. I have a blast in mine. It's even more fun than my Corolla GTS (and I didn't EVER think I'd say that about any car...the GTS is SOLID) and almost as much of a blast as my Supra. As a matter of fact, to 100 MPH it's .1 second slower than a NA Supra.

Get a Honda...then you can put a $200 Fart Horn on it and make all the sound you want...

Hear the voices in my head I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring But if you're bored then you're boring The agony and the irony, they're killing me, whoa!

Reply to
Hachiroku

maybe where YOU live. when i was looking for an indigo ink 5 speed xA, only one dealer in the greater LA area had one in stock, and that one came off the truck the evening before.

Reply to
SoCalMike

I think it was " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" who stated:

You're looking at the wrong Scion, then. If it's headroom and backseat room you want, the Scion for you is the xB!

There are no boring cars; only boring drivers.

-- I just got lost in thought; it was unfamiliar territory

Reply to
Don Fearn