How the HELL do you turn off the locking/unlocking function of a Factory Toyota alarm?

There has to be some sort of slim plastic case you could modify with a dremel or file, to fit over the fob. Pill container, that sort of thing. Finding the right thing should keep you busy for a few weeks.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's ridiculous. I'd never buy a car I couldn't operate with a normal key sometimes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ah, but I'll still be able to stop in and poke you with a sharp stick daily!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

ALL new cars are chipped. Guess you'll be driving late 90's cars for the rest of your life!

Reply to
Hachiroku

What else comes in those frosted white flat cases that snap shut? Car fuses?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

2002 Tacoma - regular key. No alarm system.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You should not have to go to Toyota for a reprogram if you remove the battery, otherwise, you would have to reprogram every time the key gets out of range of the receiver. The other approach if you don't want to remove the battery is to cut some Saran wrap, open up the key, and place the Saran wrap between the key and the circuit board underneath so that pressing the key doesn't make contact with the circuit board. This way, you can customize which buttons you disable, like just the unlock.

Reply to
Ray O

Or, Jeff, you could put the f*cking remote in your SHIRT pocket and stop wetting your pants about how your remote control is ruining your life. What life? Next question.

Reply to
mack

You're a funny guy.

When are you going to grow a set of balls and explain how the TSA takes its orders from the city of Oakland?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Leave it to Ray!

Sounds like a good idea!

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, it's me crying about how my remote is ruining my life.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup. Another good idea. Wal*Mart here I come!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Every so often, I come up with a good one!

Reply to
Ray O