Want....

An ideal little project I reckon. Perfect for me to cruise around in.

I need some bloody money!!! Grrrrrrrrrr, mortgages suck!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What a tosser. (the seller, that is)

Why do to all that trouble with the oily bits without bothering to paint the engine bay and interior whilst it was in bits?

Reply to
SteveH

I did think that, but if I were to have it I would give it a full respray anyway.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm confused why you would put a chev in a ford???

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nice panel gap on the bonnet.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Who cares - we don't get 5.7 litres of engine over here very often. Couple that to a Capri, a car I happen to love, and I WANT IT!!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

not many V8 ford made engines round here that's probably why! although not many chev small blocks either but the seem the weapon of choice in V8 conversions

Reply to
Vamp

So whats the big deal with capris ? is it a cult thing or english type muscle car lookalike ?

yep I know nothing.

I like capris, the old man had one I think it was a 2.8 laser or something of the sort I used o push it to school as he was giving me a lift then it was nicely warmed up he would go to work

I've heard quite a few people lately talking about capris and saying that want one to mod no chavelize usuall mods that don;'t include bolting plastic shit on, is it flavour of the month ?

Reply to
tok'ra

It's a big RWD coupe. There aren't many around other than Mantas, and Monaros.

Reply to
Doki

ahhh

Reply to
tok'ra

It's mainly just dodgy old men reminiscing about the past. It's not so much that the Capri was cool, it's just that back then pretty much everything else mainstream was even less cool. They were shit 20 years ago, and they've certainly not improved with age :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

They've got rarer, that's about it heh. And lighter, what with the legendary Ford rust proofing.

Reply to
Iridium

The Manta always felt more rigid and better built to me. And the engines were better too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And you could put the 5.7 in and keep it in the family ;)

Reply to
Abo

I'd rather have some thing like this:

Needs work (you did say project), but When I look on eBay now and again the Mantas are almost always hatchbacks. The coupe is much nicer IMHO.

Why the hell I didn't buy the one I was looking at 10 years ago I'll never know. It was lovely :(

Reply to
Abo

Shame the Manta never got a decently powered engine in something that wasnt a limited edition though. The i240 and i300 should have been mainstream models (to rival the Capri v6). Maybe the market wasn't there for it I guess.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Been there, done that! Well with a white hatch anyway. And it was amazingly cool, especially with the funky graphics it had down the side!

Before I bought it (and didnt really know much about Mantas) I preferred the hatch, but if I were to get another one I'd definately prefer a coupe I think. Ideally with a s6 or v8. Or maybe the CIH on carbs and a lairy cam would be OK.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I was never a fan of the Manta, they way the back end rises when you accelerate always irritated me. I didn't like the 4 mile throw gearchange, or the fact that Manta drivers seemed to think themselves above the Capri crowd - but couldn't keep up.

They don't do sideways anywhere near as well as a Capri either.

They probably are more rigid than a 1.6 or 2.0 Capri though, the 2.8 and 3.0 Capri had a few little strengthening bits which actually worked rather well.

There's f*ck all in it for build quality though, the Capri has more parts in the dash (none of which are particularly soft touch) whereas the Manta / Mk1 Cav just have a big, simple, ugly dash with about 5 bits in total.

My next door neighbour used to have a Manta GT/E Exclusive which he'd fitted a 3.0 24v lump to, that was quick and rather nice to look at as well. He also had a Manta "A", which I did like.

Reply to
Pete M

I believe that was a factory fit option. I'm pretty sure my dad paid=20 =A3285 extra for it when he bought his 2.8i, for that authentic 80's Ford= =20 look.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK