Import\exportation doubts...

Greetings, Im, from Portugal and i have a toyota corola GT (AE86) 1986, but his engine is almost dead.. its better to get another engine then repair this one :( i found a very few dealers for this used engines.. one of them is toysport..

any one knows any other dealer better then this one ? or ate least god as it :)

and the big question the shiping costs to much to be afordable?

any sugestions, tips or questions are welcome

Reply to
So7urno

Toysport is actually a pretty good supplier and the last time I checked their price was about $400US for a 4A-GE. There are others from Japan that ship these engines; prices range up to $1200US. Now, if you REALLY wanna trick the thing out, you can order up the Toyota Atlantic series engine, a

4A-GE retuned to about 240HP for somewhere around $10,000US direct from TRD. You can also get a short block from TRD for $1200US, IIRC.

BTW, I have a 'hachiroku', '85 with 259,000 miles.

Reply to
hachiroku

tks for the tips :) shoure i would love to put my hands in one of those Atlantic series 4A-GE version :p but... is completly out of my budget :( what i might do is to get one 4A-GZE realy cheap for its power (170HP) :) btw u meant to say that u'r ae86 is from 1985 ? and only 259,000 miles :O wasome! thats almost brand new! lol mine has around 91400,000 miles no wonder its dead :(

cheers

Reply to
So7urno