2005 Camry Programming home link???

We just got a new 2005 Camry LE with the B packet here in Canada. The dealer took our Lift Master security + garage door opener and programmed it. Well it does not work. I tried Erasing the code and then reprogarm according to the manual and even tired the other unit I have. No luck at all. Has anyone else got it to work on a Lift Master system. I even tried the Programming and entrance gate/programing all devices in the Canadian mmarket no joy at all. Both of the remotes supplied with the door work fine.

Thank You for any help.

David

Reply to
David Wells

You have to push the smart button momentarily on the garage door motor head after you program the visor trans, push the button on the visor that you want to use within 30 secs of pushing the smart button, push the visor button again & it should operate the door.

If you still can't get it go to

& follow the directions for "programming a garage door transmitter" & then for programming rolling code.

Doordoc www.DoorsAnd Openers.com

Reply to
doordoc

Can anyone in Canada tell me if they got home link working with the following model of LiftMaster security + Model 1280LMC-R unit I have tried with the instructions from the home link web site still no go.

If any one has please tell me how you did it. I guess it is possible I have a bad Homelink unit in my 2005 camry le.

Reply to
David Wells

I'm not in Canada, but just got my new Camry homelink working with a Liftmaster 1280R. The first time, following the instructions, it didn't work. But I stumbled on a fix.

The instructions say after pressing the smart button on the opener, within 30 seconds press the homelink button in the car two times and, if the door doesn't open, press it a third time. That didn't work for me. So I repeated the procedure, but this time I pressed the homelink button FOUR times. The door opened and it's been working fine.

Give it a try. I'd be interested to now if it works.

Reply to
Jim Jensen

1280R. The first time, following the instructions, it didn't work. But I stumbled on a fix.

seconds press the homelink button in the car two times and, if the door doesn't open, press it a third time. That didn't work for me. So I repeated the procedure, but this time I pressed the homelink button FOUR times. The door opened and it's been working fine.

Yes I have mine working also now. I called home link and they led me through the programing for the system. As mine has Rolling code so had to press the learn button on the top of the unit after using the remote unit to start the programming and then like you jump back in the car and hit the selected button twice. Thank for the responce.

Reply to
David Wells